Schools

A single-storey school and school house were built on School Lane, Longstanton near All Saints’ church.  Once the RAF arrived in Longstanton at the start of WW2 the old school struggled to cope with the numbers of children involved. It struggled on and eventually some of the  children were educated in on the airbase itself. The younger ones remained at the old school. Eventually the situation became unsustainable and a new school was built in the former Hatton Parkland off the High Street c 1953.