When the RAF left RAF Oakington they handed over to the army. The site then became known as Oakington Barracks. Personnel lived in the former RAF houses in Longstanton, and the military life of Longstanton continued albeit in another guise.
- LDHS Autumn Season Of Talks Continue October 3, 2018
- TENNIS BALLS CAN KILL! September 24, 2018
- AGM and First Talk of the Autumn Season Tomorrow Night September 6, 2018
- NORTHSTOWE COMMUNITY FORUM MEETING: Tomorrow (18 July). July 17, 2018
- Phase 3 Northstowe – Public Consultations Begin July 6, 2018
Please note all photographs and information posted on this site are protected by copyright. No copying or duplication of material may be made without permission. For more information please email the heritage society.
LDHS is committed to using it's archival material for public education and enjoyment but we are minded of our obligations not to infringe the copyright of others. If you have concerns about any material posted on our website please do not hesitate to contact us.