When the RAF left RAF Oakington they handed over to the army. The site then became known as Oakington Barracks. Personnel lived in the former RAF houses in Longstanton, and the military life of Longstanton continued albeit in another guise.
- Cambridgeshire County Council Fail To Support Northstowe! May 16, 2018
- Last LDHS Talk of the Spring Session – Mike Petty on Friday 4 May April 30, 2018
- Northstowe Town Makes Rapid Progress April 25, 2018
- 2nd Talk Of The Spring Season Friday 6 April April 1, 2018
- LDHS Talk 2 March- CANCELLED DUE TO EXTREME WEATHER February 24, 2018
Please note all photographs and information posted on this site are protected by copyright. No copying or duplication of material may be made without permission. For more information please email the heritage society.
LDHS is committed to using it's archival material for public education and enjoyment but we are minded of our obligations not to infringe the copyright of others. If you have concerns about any material posted on our website please do not hesitate to contact us.