On Sunday 11 November it will be 100 years to the day since the guns fell silent on the Western Front. We Remember – not just names on an old memorial but men; sons, brothers and husbands who fought in the Great War of 1914-18 and did not return. Those men once lived in our villages, went to the local school and played as children in our fields. Just maybe they lived long enough to have had a drink in the village pub. They fought for the freedoms that we all enjoy today and they gave their lives for our tomorrow. REMEMBER not just on one day a year but ALWAYS.
- We Remember! November 7, 2018
- Final Talk Of The Autumn Season – Friday 2 November October 22, 2018
- LDHS Autumn Season Of Talks Continue October 3, 2018
- TENNIS BALLS CAN KILL! September 24, 2018
- AGM and First Talk of the Autumn Season Tomorrow Night September 6, 2018
Please note all photographs and information posted on this site are protected by copyright. No copying or duplication of material may be made without permission. For more information please email the heritage society.
LDHS is committed to using it's archival material for public education and enjoyment but we are minded of our obligations not to infringe the copyright of others. If you have concerns about any material posted on our website please do not hesitate to contact us.